Ayurvedic Spring Cleanse
Seasonal cleansing is a practice Ayurveda holds in high importance. Namely, spring cleanse is the biggest cleanse of the year. This is our time to evaluate and remove old habits, toxins and stagnation in mind and body. We are left feeling lighter, brighter and more adaptable to change and growth. Basically, spring cleanse removes the sticky inertia from life, leaving yoga and Ayurveda practices for self-compassion and inherent nature to shine.
The weekend workshop can be taken as individual days but it’s suggested to participate in both sessions.
Includes Lisa’s printed manual or e-booklet.
-Understand characteristics of each element and how they create vata, pitta, and kapha dosha.
-We’ll review how these doshas show up in life and the ways they constantly change.
-Learn about how habits hold us out of balance, and develop practices to support your spring cleanse
-We’ll cook and eat kitchari, talk about the 6 tastes
-Develop self-care rituals, called Dinacharya
Session I – Saturday, April 2, 11:00am-3:00pm. Bring a snack for 30 minute break.
- What is an Ayurvedic Cleanse, and why is it important?
- Explanation of the Ayurvedic Clock
- Pranayama Practice
- What about elements and Vata, Pitta, Kapha?
- Clean Out the Closets: Preparing the mind and body for cleanse
Session II – Sunday, April 3; 12:30pm-3:30pm. We will cook and eat together today. All those materials will be provided.
- Food and beverage to support cleanse. Cook and eat!
- Change cravings to bring us to balance. Exploring the 6 tastes
- Learn practices to support spring cleanse and beyond
- Putting it all together – Outline of cleanse week/review of the shopping list and recipes
Weekend workshop participants receive tea of coriander, cumin and fennel and a spice packet to use with cooking. Weekend workshop $130. Book a daily session for $65.
Registration at the link below. All Spring cleanse participants are invited attend Lisa’s 9AM TYB Newport class on Tuesday April 12 and 19 at no extra charge, to explore yoga for supporting cleanse time. Sign up and also receive a gift of CCF tea and churna mix to use at home!
This workshop is a two day event, but not an overnight event!